Keto Moroccan Beef Tagine (Stew)Course: Keto RecipesCuisine: Moroccan
Our Keto Beef Tagine is a rich Moroccan style stew and loaded with flavour. It’s a great, healthy dinner that is easy to make.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion diced
2 cloves garlic diced
2 pounds beef chuck 1 inch dice
2 teaspoons allspice
1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
14 ounces crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup beef stock
6 ounces green olives
2 tablespoons preserved lemons
7 ounces baby spinach
1/3 cup flaked almonds
1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Place a saucepan over high heat and add the oil, onion, and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the diced beef and saute until browned.
- Add the spices, tomatoes and beef stock, simmer for 30-40 minutes until the beef is tender.
- Mix through the olives and lemon, then remove from the heat.
- Stir through the spinach, until wilted.
- Serve topped with the almonds and coriander, and with a side of Cauliflower Rice.
- This low carb beef stew can also be made in a slow cooker – just omit the beef stock. After step 2, add the beef mixture, spices, and tomatoes to your slow cooker and cook on high for 3-5 hours.
Have you tried this recipe?
Take a picture and share it on our Facebook Can’t wait to see your version.
> You Might Also Like