Keto satay chicken for twoCourse: Keto Recipes
Following the ketogenic diet doesn’t mean takeaway favourites are off-limits. Simply skip the rice and opt for zoodles to make this satay keto-friendly.
1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
2 (125g each) chicken thigh fillets
1/4 red onion, finely chopped
1/2 small fresh red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
1 tablespoon peanut butter
80ml (1/3 cup) coconut milk
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped roasted salted peanuts
1/4 lime, juiced
1 large zucchini, trimmed
1/2 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
125g cherry tomatoes halved
- Combine 1 tablespoon oil, 1 garlic clove, 1/2 teaspoon curry powder and the ginger in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for at least one hour to marinate.
- Heat the remaining oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add the chilli and the remaining garlic and curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Stir in the peanut butter, coconut milk and soy sauce. Simmer, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until thickened slightly. Reserve 1 teaspoon chopped peanuts for serving. Stir the remaining peanuts and the lime juice into the sauce. Set aside, covered to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, use a spiralizer to cut the zucchini into long noodles or cut the zucchini lengthwise with a vegetable peeler then cut into long strips.
- Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes each side or until lightly charred and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before thickly slicing.
- Divide the zucchini ‘noodles’ among bowls. Top with chicken, cucumber and tomatoes then drizzle with the warm satay sauce.
- u003cliu003eWould you love cheese? Create a trench at the middle of this unbaked meatloaf and fill it with mozzarella cheese. Smooth up the meat, around and above the cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a few additional Italian seasoning prior to placing it in the oven.u003c/liu003eu003cliu003eTop with a few fresh basil leafs when serving for additional taste.u003c/liu003e
Have you tried this recipe?
Take a picture and share it on our Facebook Can’t wait to see your version.
> You Might Also Like