Keto Swedish meatballsCourse: Keto Recipes
These easy keto Swedish meatballs make a dreamy weeknight dinner – trip to IKEA not required!
500g beef mince
4 green shallots, thinly sliced
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh continental parsley
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
80ml (1/3 cup) Massel Beef Style Liquid Stock
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
180ml (3/4 cup) pouring cream
600g steamed cauliflower, coarsely chopped
150g fresh green beans, steamed
Fresh continental parsley leaves, coarsely chopped, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the meatballs, turning often, for 6-8 minutes or until golden and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the stock, mustard and 125ml (1/2 cup) cream to the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Return the meatballs to the pan and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Place the cauliflower and remaining cream in a food processor and process until smooth. Season.
- Divide the cauliflower mash among serving plates. Top with the beans, meatballs and sauce. Season. Serve scattered with parsley.
- Would you love cheese? Create a trench at the middle of this unbaked meatloaf and fill it with mozzarella cheese. Smooth up the meat, around and above the cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a few additional Italian seasoning prior to placing it in the oven.
- Top with a few fresh basil leafs when serving for additional taste.
Have you tried this recipe?
Take a picture and share it on our Facebook Can’t wait to see your version.
> You Might Also Like